Roche Bobois sofa fabric failure is irreparable and ignored
Bought a consigned Roche Bobois sofa at The Estate Sale Consignment store in Palm Springs this past season (winter 2014). It was a beautiful small sofa that appeared to be in perfect condition. I paid about $800.00 for the sofa.
Within a few months I noticed what appeared to be wearing of the fabric around the seat cushion buttons. I called the Los Angeles Roche Bobois showroom to research a solution. The woman I spoke to looked at my emailed photos and said that there was nothing they could do. I asked her if Roche Boibois stood behind their products. She replied that if I did not purchase it from their store there was no solution. The consignment store cannot warranty as they did not manufacture. I presumed that a high end luxury brand like Roche Bobois would stand behind their brand in some way. I would have been happy with something like an offer to purchase discounted upholstery fabric for repair, etc. I also emailed the Roche Bobois store in San Diego but received no response.
Within a few short months the entire seat and back cushion area of the sofa had a global fabric failure for which no repair is possible. The entire fabric appears to be literally rolling into little balls and breaking apart. I am a mature woman without pets or children at home. As an interior designer I know how to care for furnishings.
I've never seen such terribly poor quality paired with such beautiful design and prestige branding. It is stunning and has altered my perception of the Roche Bobois brand. I hope they find a way to respond to their product problems. Brushing off owners of their products (even in the secondary market) is no way to support their brand.
After about 6 months of sitting on my sofa, I now own a junked sofa that would only be accepted at the dump. I had hoped to spot repair the sofa. Though disappointed, I would have accepted that. The global failure of the fabric doesn't make that solution possible.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "Aside from many, many poor quality workmanship items (far too many to go into), they have their infamous quote "Everythings Included." Right. Read the fine print. They..."
- "There's a new Petition to the Federal Trade Commission on eBay's secret policies and illegal business practices in violation of their own User Agreement and Fair Trade Laws. The petition..."
- "I purchased a 2 carat sterling silver bracelet that was advertised on ncrowd as being valued at $900.00 I got it appraised by a jeweler that said it was worth..."