Bought a consigned Roche Bobois sofa at The Estate Sale Consignment store in Palm Springs this past season (winter 2014). It was a beautiful small sofa that appeared to be in perfect condition. I paid about $800.00 for the sofa.
Within a few months I noticed what appeared to be wearing of the fabric around the seat cushion buttons. I called the Los Angeles Roche Bobois showroom to research a solution. The woman I spoke to looked at my emailed photos and said that there was nothing they could do. I asked her if Roche Boibois stood behind their products. She replied that if I did not purchase it from their store there was no solution. The consignment store cannot warranty as they did not manufacture. I presumed that a high end luxury brand like Roche Bobois would stand behind their brand in some way. I would have been happy with something like an offer to purchase discounted upholstery fabric for repair, etc. I also emailed the Roche Bobois store in San Diego but received no response.
Within a few short months the entire seat and back cushion area of the sofa had a global fabric failure for which no repair is possible. The entire fabric appears to be literally rolling into little balls and breaking apart. I am a mature woman without pets or children at home. As an interior designer I know how to care for furnishings.
I've never seen such terribly poor quality paired with such beautiful design and prestige branding. It is stunning and has altered my perception of the Roche Bobois brand. I hope they find a way to respond to their product problems. Brushing off owners of their products (even in the secondary market) is no way to support their brand.
After about 6 months of sitting on my sofa, I now own a junked sofa that would only be accepted at the dump. I had hoped to spot repair the sofa. Though disappointed, I would have accepted that. The global failure of the fabric doesn't make that solution possible.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "There's a new Petition to the Federal Trade Commission on eBay's secret policies and illegal business practices in violation of their own User Agreement and Fair Trade Laws. The petition..."
- "I recently signed up with contractors 411, despite the negative reviews we uncovered, we were convinced otherwise. I contacted the main supervisor and asked if their was any way for..."
- "Wow! I can't say enough about this company! Wish I could start with zero stars, but here goes. I ordered one of their swan planters, looked like the one I bought..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."